Chinese for Christ Church of San Jose
English Worship Service
Worship Service: 10:00 –11:10 am followed by snacks in the Fellowship Hall.
Call To Worship* – Hannah Lee
Praise & Worship*- Praise Team and Congregation
Welcome & Announcements – Joey Wang
Sermon “Discipline” 2 Peter 1:5-11 (Page 1018) – Chang Kim
Song(s) of Response – Praise Team
Doxology (Words of Praise)*- Congregation
Prayer & Benediction (Lord’s Blessing)* – Joey Wang
*Please stand, if physically able. Also, please set your cell phones to “silent.”
Please exit through the ‘front’ of the sanctuary at the end of service. Thank you.
We are glad that you have joined us this morning as we begin the new year worshipping Jesus together and being reminded of who He is!
If this is your first time here, please fill out one of the cards in the pew and give the card on to any of our ushers if you would like us to contact you with more information about our church.
- Sunday School Sharing: We will be combining our regular Sunday School classes together in the Fellowship Hall from 11:40am – 12:40pm to hear from Jasmin Tsai as she shares about her trip to the Philippines.
- Baptism Information Session: There will be a brief info session for those wanting to learn more about baptism or interested in getting baptized this afternoon from 1:00-1:15pm in the Duplex. There will be another information next Sunday from 11:15-11:30am in Room 104-5 (Hallway). Please contact Pastor Joey (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Married Couples Fellowship: Come join us this afternoon from 4-6pm at Jeff & Ruth’s house for our monthly gathering for married couples.
- Friday Night Fellowship (Adults): Our summer fellowship (June-August) for college students and older will be gathering this Friday from 8-10pm in the church duplex. Please contact Angeline Lee (email@example.com) for further information.
- Saltshakers (Youth Group): We will be meeting up this Saturday from 7-9pm in the Fellowship Hall as we kick-off the new school year and theme! Please contact Pastor Joey for more information.
- AWANA (Children): Our AWANA program for children will be starting on 9/9, meeting weekly on Saturday nights from 7-9pm. Registration starts today and ends in two weeks (9/3). For more information, please contact George Sya (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Haiyan Wu (email@example.com).
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Pastoral Search: Pray for God’s provision and for wisdom as we continue to look for a youth pastor or associate pastor. Pray for wisdom and discernment for our Pastor-Elder Board (PEB) as they continue to dialogue with potential candidates.
- Students: Pray for our students (middle, high school, college/graduate) as they begin a new school year in the coming weeks. Pray that they would be diligent in their studies and faithful in their witness and lives at school. Pray for our 6th graders, our 9th graders and freshman in college as they transition to a new school and environment.
New City Catechism (from www.newcitycatechism.com/intro.php)
We hope that this will be a tool for us to use in discipling our children, one another and ourselves as a church community. The New City Catechism is also available online & for your smart phones.
Question 43: What are the sacraments or ordinances?
Answer: The sacraments or ordinances given by God and instituted by Christ, namely baptism and he Lord’s Supper are visible signs and seals that we are bound together as a community of faith by his death and resurrection. By our use of them the Holy Spirit more fully declares and seals the promises of the gospel to us.
Passage(s): Romans 6:4; Luke 22:19-20