Chinese for Christ Church of San Jose
English Worship Service
Worship Service: 10:00 –11:10 am followed by snacks in the Fellowship Hall.
Call To Worship* – Hannah Lee
Praise & Worship*- Praise Team and Congregation
Welcome & Announcements – Mike Tai
Sermon “Jesus in the Garden” Genesis 2-3 (Page 2) – Pat Yao
Communion – Baptized Believers
Song(s) of Response – Praise Team
Doxology (Words of Praise)*- Congregation
Prayer & Benediction (Lord’s Blessing)* – Raymond Hung
*Please stand, if physically able. Also, please set your cell phones to “silent.”
Please exit through the ‘front’ of the sanctuary at the end of service. Thank you.
We are glad that you have joined us this morning as we begin the new year worshipping Jesus together and being reminded of who He is!
If this is your first time here, please fill out one of the cards in the pew and give the card on to any of our ushers if you would like us to contact you with more information about our church.
- Community Dinner (Adults): We’ll be having our monthly Community Potluck Dinner this evening from 5-8pm in the Fellowship Hall. Please contact Paul Yuan or RSVP at tinyurl.com/y99465mo.
- Monthly Prayer Meeting (10/4): We’ll be gathering this Wednesday night from 8:00-9:15pm at Jeff & Ruth’s house to pray for our revival and renewal in our church. Please contact Pastor Joey (email@example.com) for more information.
- Joint Event (10/7): Next Saturday we’ll be joining Spectrum Church & San Jose New Hope Church from 4-8pm at New Hope Church (2900 Patrick Henry Dr, Santa Clara, CA 95054) for a special combined worship service, dinner and fellowship event. Please make sure to RSVP with Jeff Chu!
- Saltshakers (Youth Group): We’ll be having the special joint event (see announcement #4 above) next Saturday.
- Houston Relief Work (10/14-21): In partnership with CFC-Hayward we are sending a team to Houston to provide relief work. This trip is open to ages 18+. Please contact Pastor Joey for more information.
- Family Night (10/31): Family Night will be from 5:30-8pm on 10/31 for elementary age children to have a Halloween alternative. Please bring your children and use this as an outreach opportunity by inviting other families. We need donations of 1) used toys/stuffed animals and 2) Monetary donation for candy. If you would like to volunteer or have questions, please contact George Sya (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Bay Area Chinese Bible Church (Alameda, CA): Pray for BABC, which has weekly services in Cantonese, Mandarin and English. Pray for Senior Pastor Steve Quen as he leads this church in the East Bay. Pray BABC would continue to be a faithful witness through their different ministries – including their Christian schools (Preschool & K-8).
- Pastoral Search: Pray for God’s provision of either an associate or youth pastor for our church. Continue to pray for wisdom and discernment for the PEB (Pastor-Elder Board) as they interview, discuss and evaluate potential candidates. Pray for our potential pastoral candidate who will be guest preaching and sharing next Sunday (10/8)!
- Gospel Outreach: Pray that as a church we would live out the Gospel, be a witness of the Gospel and share the Gospel to those around us.
New City Catechism (from www.newcitycatechism.com/intro.php)
Catechisms were written with at least three purposes. The first (1) was to set forth a comprehensive exposition of the gospel – not only in order to explain clearly what the gospel is, but also to lay out the building blocks on which the gospel is based, such as the biblical doctrine of God, of human nature, of sin, etc. The second purpose (2) was to do this exposition in such a way that the heresies, error and false beliefs of the time and culture were addressed and counteracted. The third (3) and more pastoral purpose was to form a distinct people, a counter-culture that reflected the likeness of Christ not only in individual character but also in the church’s communal life.
We hope that this will be a tool for us to use in discipling our children, one another and ourselves as a church community. The New City Catechism is also available online & for your smart phones.
Question 6: How can we glorify God?
Answer: We glorify God by enjoying him, loving him, trusting him, and by obeying his will, commands, and law.
Passage(s): Deuteronomy 11:1 ESV
You shall therefore love the LORD your God and keep his charge, his statutes, his rules, and his commandments always.
(Go to http://www.newcitycatechism.com/q-parent/q1.php for more information on this)