Chinese for Christ Church of San Jose
English Worship Service
Worship Service: 10:00 –11:10 am followed by snacks in the Fellowship Hall.
Call To Worship* – Alison Law
Praise & Worship*- Praise Team and Congregation
Welcome & Announcements – Joey Wang
Sermon “Spiritual Drifting” Hebrews 2:1-4 (Page 1001) – Pat Yao
Song(s) of Response – Praise Team
Doxology (Words of Praise)*- Congregation
Prayer & Benediction (Lord’s Blessing)* – Joey Wang
*Please stand, if physically able. Also, please set your cell phones to “silent.”
Please exit through the ‘front’ of the sanctuary at the end of service. Thank you.
We are glad that you have joined us this morning as we begin the new year worshipping Jesus together and being reminded of who He is!
If this is your first time here, please fill out one of the cards in the pew and give the card on to any of our ushers if you would like us to contact you with more information about our church.
- Sunday School Sharing: We will be combining our regular Sunday School classes together in the Fellowship Hall from 11:40am – 12:40pm to hear from Jennifer Tan as she shares about her recent missions trip to Japan.
- Growth Group Leaders Info Session: There is an info session this afternoon from 1:00-1:30pm in the Duplex for those interested in learning more about leading a Growth (small) Group for Saltshakers Youth Ministry. Please contact Pastor Joey (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information.
- Friday Night Fellowship (Adults): Our summer fellowship (June-August) for college students and older will be gathering this Friday from 8-10pm in the church duplex. Please contact Angeline Lee (email@example.com) for further information.
- Saltshakers (Youth Group): We will be meeting up this Saturday from 7-9pm in the Fellowship Hall as we welcome our incoming 6th graders! Please contact Pastor Joey for more information.
- Married Couples Fellowship: Come join us next Sunday (8/20) from 4-6pm at Jeff & Ruth’s house for our monthly gathering for married couples.
- AWANA (Children): Our AWANA program for children will be starting on 9/9, meeting weekly on Saturday nights from 7-9pm. Registration and more information to come. If you’re interested in volunteering, please contact George Sya (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Learn Guitar: Want to learn how to play guitar? Weekly lessons start Sunday (9/10) from 1:30-2:30 pm for 12 weeks. If interested, please contact Alec Tsai (408) 627-5914 or email@example.com.
Prayer Requests & Praises
- Pastoral Search: Pray for God’s provision and for wisdom as we continue to look for a youth pastor or associate pastor. Pray for wisdom and discernment for our Pastor-Elder Board (PEB) as they continue to dialogue with potential candidates.
- Students: Pray for our students (middle, high school, college/graduate) as they begin a new school year in the coming weeks. Pray that they would be diligent in their studies and faithful in their witness and lives at school. Pray for our 6th graders, our 9th graders and freshman in college as they transition to a new school and environment.
New City Catechism (from www.newcitycatechism.com/intro.php)
We hope that this will be a tool for us to use in discipling our children, one another and ourselves as a church community. The New City Catechism is also available online & for your smart phones.
Question 42: How is the Word of God to be read and heard?
Answer: With diligence, preparation, and prayer; so that we may accept it with faith, store it in our hearts, and practice it in our lives.
Passage(s): 2 Timothy 3:16-17